Serves 4 people.
450g of your preferred pasta, cooked *al dente
1/2 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
1 tin of diced tomatoes
1 cup Graveney Gin
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 cup cream*
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese*, grated
1/4 cup fresh basil, minced
Salt and pepper
*Can use vegan alternative
1) In a medium pot, add olive oil, onions, garlic, and red pepper flakes and begin cooking over medium heat. Cook until onions are soft.
2) Add in tomatoes and cook for a few minutes.
3) Remove sauce from heat and place into a blender until sauce is fairly smooth. It doesn’t have to be perfect.
4) Add gin and sugar to the sauce and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 20 minutes. This is your chance to make yourself a large gin and tonic
5) Stir in cream, Parmesan cheese, and basil and season with salt and pepper. Keep warm.
6) Cook pasta according to package.
7) Drain pasta well and add directly to sauce. Stir together.
8) Serve garnished with Parmesan cheese and fresh basil! How about topping that glass up with another drink.